Mayor sues city after DUI arrest | News
The former mayor of a small Oklahoma town is suing the city of Springdale, Arkansas after she was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence.
Former Wilburton mayor, Karin Woodruff is suing the City of Springdale, the police chief and two police officers for more than $75,000.
Woodruff, 52, says she was driving to a pharmacy to fill a prescription after she had brain surgery when she was pulled over by a Springfield officer. The lawsuit claims she told the officers she might be disoriented from the surgery, but the officers refused to confirm the information or take her to a hospital.
At trial, Woodruff was found not guilty.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow