Mayor sues city after DUI arrest | News
The former mayor of a small Oklahoma town is suing the city of Springdale, Arkansas after she was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence.
Former Wilburton mayor, Karin Woodruff is suing the City of Springdale, the police chief and two police officers for more than $75,000.
Woodruff, 52, says she was driving to a pharmacy to fill a prescription after she had brain surgery when she was pulled over by a Springfield officer. The lawsuit claims she told the officers she might be disoriented from the surgery, but the officers refused to confirm the information or take her to a hospital.
At trial, Woodruff was found not guilty.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business