Oklahoma on Chick-Fil-A | News
What used to be a simple quick meal has now turned into a statement about your thoughts on gay marriage and First Amendment rights.
Chick-Fil-A CEO Dan Cathy made public statements about his views on the sanctity of marriage.
He said in an interview he was a supporter of “traditional marriage,” and many who disagree spoke out, asking like-minded patrons to boycott the fast food chain.
However, no matter your beliefs on equal rights, many are supporting the CEO’s right to free speech.
Wednesday many who support Cathy’s statements packed the chicken chains for “Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day,” brain child of former Arkansas governor and Fox News contributor Mike Huckabee.
Friday same-sex marriage supporters are planning a “kiss in” at Chick-Fil-A locations across the county, encouraging homosexual public displays of affection at the famously Christian establishment.
Oklahoma on Chick-Fil-A fight:
Where do you stand? Tweet your thought to @KFOR or Facebook KFOR-TV.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Woman warns others after burglars steal gifts outside local steakhouse
- Man arrested for DUI after Oklahoma City father killed in crash; 5-year-old son uninjured
- Medical Examiner confirms now 8 weather-related deaths in Oklahoma
- Kids out of school again? Check out OKC Zoo’s indoor safari today
- Footprints in snow lead deputies to Oklahoma City Christmas capers, granola Grinches