Oklahoma on Chick-Fil-A | News
What used to be a simple quick meal has now turned into a statement about your thoughts on gay marriage and First Amendment rights.
Chick-Fil-A CEO Dan Cathy made public statements about his views on the sanctity of marriage.
He said in an interview he was a supporter of “traditional marriage,” and many who disagree spoke out, asking like-minded patrons to boycott the fast food chain.
However, no matter your beliefs on equal rights, many are supporting the CEO’s right to free speech.
Wednesday many who support Cathy’s statements packed the chicken chains for “Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day,” brain child of former Arkansas governor and Fox News contributor Mike Huckabee.
Friday same-sex marriage supporters are planning a “kiss in” at Chick-Fil-A locations across the county, encouraging homosexual public displays of affection at the famously Christian establishment.
Oklahoma on Chick-Fil-A fight:
Where do you stand? Tweet your thought to @KFOR or Facebook KFOR-TV.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business