Deadly house fire sparks overnight | News
OKLAHOMA CITY — A house fire claims the life of one person early Thursday morning.
It sparked at a house in the 2100 block of NW 20th.
No information is available about the victim.
When fire crews arrived the house was more than 50% engulfed in flames.
Firefighters were not able to enter the house to fight the fire because of the intensity of the flames.
“IIt was unsafe the roof was starting to collapse when we go here and it was unsafe for the firefighters to make an interior attack.” said OKC Fire Battalion Chief Tommy Iago.
Once the fire was under control, crews entered the home and discovered a victim’s body.
Police and arson investigators are trying to pinpoint a cause.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy