Man sets self on fire trying to burn other man | News
EDMOND, Okla. — You’d expect a camp fire at Arcadia Lake but not this kind of fire.
Police said an argument between two intoxicated campers took a fiery turn late Tuesday night.
Edmond Officer James Hamm said, “This guy grabbed some gasoline, pouring it over his head and was going to light him on fire.”
Edmond police said the suspect, Timothy Beeson, told another man, “I’m gonna send your a** to hell,” before dousing him with a gasoline-water mixture.
The plan backfired.
According to Hamm, “When he attempted to do that, he lit his own arm on fire.”
Beeson later admitted to police, “He had half a pint of whiskey,” before the altercation.
The quick-thinking victim was able to avoid injury by jumping into the nearby water.
Hamm said, “Thank goodness the lake was there to prevent this from happening.”
Beeson was captured speeding down Route 66.
Authorities said he smelled of booze and gasoline.
He’s facing DUI and attempted murder charges.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy