Grass fire in N.E. Oklahoma City approaching homes, crews block steets | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Firefighters are working to put out a blaze in a busy part of Oklahoma City.
A grass fire near N.E. 57th St. and Martin Luther King Ave. is approaching homes.
However, authorities say the home closest to the blaze is abandoned.
At this time, officials are asking drivers to avoid the area.
Flames and fire trucks are causing some traffic back ups.
So far, no one has been injured.
Crews have not confirmed how the fire started.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy