Grass fire in N.E. Oklahoma City approaching homes, crews block steets | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Firefighters are working to put out a blaze in a busy part of Oklahoma City.
A grass fire near N.E. 57th St. and Martin Luther King Ave. is approaching homes.
However, authorities say the home closest to the blaze is abandoned.
At this time, officials are asking drivers to avoid the area.
Flames and fire trucks are causing some traffic back ups.
So far, no one has been injured.
Crews have not confirmed how the fire started.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon
- UPDATE: Crews open I-240 eastbound at I-35
- Couple continues to bond preparing for OKC Memorial Marathon
- 11 questions Oklahoma officers may soon use to save a woman’s life
- Meet your local soccer team, Energy gearing up for first home game