12-year-old breaks through window to escape house fire, mail carrier calls 911 after seeing smoke | News
BETHANY, Okla. – A 12-year-old boy in Bethany is recovering after a fire tore through his home on New Year’s Eve.
Officials say a mail carrier spotted the smoke and called 911.
When firefighters arrived, they saw thick smoke pouring from the home.
Authorities say the boy was at home alone and woke up to smoke filling the house.
We’re told he had to break through a window to escape the fire.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital with smoke inhalation and cuts.
No word on his condition at this time.
Investigators are currently trying to figure out the cause of the fire.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business