101-year-old woman robbed by violent assailant | News
OKLAHOMA CITY — A 101-year-old woman is robbed in her home by a man who mistreated the frail lady.
A robber forced his way into the woman’s northwest Oklahoma City apartment, threw her to the floor and took her TV, Oklahoma City police reported.
Dat Thi Hua was at home Tuesday in at her apartment in the 7500 block of N.W. 6th when she heard a knock at the door about 9:30 p.m. Hua, who speaks Vietnamese and lives alone, talked to police through her son acting as an interpreter.
She said she opened the door and a man forced his way inside the apartment.
He threw her to the floor and motioned for her to be quiet. Hua, who is 5-foot-1 and 117 pounds, stood up, bowed to show submission, backed into a bedroom and locked the door, she told police.
Her caretaker stopped by, learned what had happened and called police. A 32-inch television was missing from the apartment, police said.
The robber is described as a Hispanic male, 50 to 60 years old, about 5-foot-7 inches and 170 pounds. Hua said her attacker was strong, but she did not see his hair or eye color.
Police have not made an arrest in the case.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police block northwest OKC streets, drivers may need to take a detour
- Man rushed to the ER after accidentally shooting self
- Oklahoma K9 finds 1.5 pounds of meth in traffic stop; married couple arrested
- Great State: The Duke’s Grandaughter and Joel McRea’s Grandson Glad to Share Memories at Cowboy Museum
- When and where you can see Thunder take on Grizzlies in playoffs