Flaming Lips not breaking up; Twitter account was hacked | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Flaming Lips fans, you can breathe easy, the band is not breaking up.
However, that isn’t what their twitter account stated Thursday afternoon.
The band’s Twitter account was hacked.
The fake message stated, “We have sad news… we’ve broken up.”
According to the band’s manager, no one from the group posted the message, even as a joke, and it didn’t come from Warner Bros. Records.
The post was removed.
Lead singer Wayne Coyne posted a confirmation for fans on his personal Twitter account.
The Flaming Lips twitter has been hijacked!!!!—
Wayne Coyne (@waynecoyne) October 24, 2013
The Flaming Lips are very much intact Friday, preparing to release a new five-song series titled “Peace Sword” on Tuesday.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- New bill would prevent teens from accessing e-cigarettes
- City crews overwhelmed while on pothole patrol
- Firefighters fill truck with Christmas gifts for kids in DHS custody
- Alleged smash and grab burglar causes more damage to business than just stolen items
- OKC school board drops plan to stop sixth graders from going to Classen SAS