Flaming Lips not breaking up; Twitter account was hacked | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Flaming Lips fans, you can breathe easy, the band is not breaking up.
However, that isn’t what their twitter account stated Thursday afternoon.
The band’s Twitter account was hacked.
The fake message stated, “We have sad news… we’ve broken up.”
According to the band’s manager, no one from the group posted the message, even as a joke, and it didn’t come from Warner Bros. Records.
The post was removed.
Lead singer Wayne Coyne posted a confirmation for fans on his personal Twitter account.
The Flaming Lips twitter has been hijacked!!!!—
Wayne Coyne (@waynecoyne) October 24, 2013
The Flaming Lips are very much intact Friday, preparing to release a new five-song series titled “Peace Sword” on Tuesday.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy