OKC residents to get rid of big junk during Free Landfill Day | News
OKLAHOMA CITY- Residents will be able to get rid of some of the big junk hanging around the house without having to wait for bulk waste pickup.
The city is hosting a Free Landfill Day on Saturday.
From 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., Oklahoma City residents can dump large items at the city’s landfills for free.
Residents can head to one of the following locations to participate in the event:
- East Oak Landfill- located at 3201 Mosley Rd.
- Oklahoma City Landfill- located at 7001 S. Bryant
- Oklahoma Landfill- located at 7600 S.W. 15th St.
- Northeast Landfill- located at 2601 N. Midwest Blvd. in Spencer. (This location will only be accepting construction and demolition materials.)
Residents must bring a current Oklahoma City utility bill as proof of residency.
Organizers say it must be an original and not a copy.
The items that will not be accepted are as follows:
- No appliances containing refrigerants
- Household hazardous waste
- Car batteries
- Propane tanks
- Pool chemicals
- Electronic waste
Each residential household may drop off one load of trash using a passenger vehicle or truck up to 1-ton and one trailer up to 16-feet long.
For more information on Free Landfill Day, call Utility Customer Services at (405) 297-2833.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy