UPDATE: Flash flooding, washout closes metro roads Friday | News
UPDATE: The overnight showers have closed roads in Oklahoma County Friday.
The the possible sink hole is near N.W. 220th St. east of Portland.
OKLAHOMA CITY — Some areas saw a quick rain shower and even a little flooding this evening.
There were reports of some motorist being stranded; stuck in water created by flash flooding.
Some of the worst areas were near N.W. 19th and MacArthur just before 8:00 pm. Firefighters had to pull a car from the over-sized puddle and rescue the driver.
The car was not drivable and had to be towed. Most of the water has already drained but a witness told us the water rose as high as the car windows.
“Water gets deep over there like I told you; about three or four feet deep and people drive through it and that’s what happened. It’s happened to me before,” Robert Nash says.
Witnesses who work in the area say it’s easy to misjudge how deep the water is in that spot. We hear it at lot; “turn around don’t drown,” something to always remember.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Body discovered in north OKC, man likely died of exposure
- Will Rogers: Passengers dealing with some delays, cancellations are expected on Friday
- Get dogs in Christmas spirit Bark for Life photos with Frosty
- Police searching for armed suspect accused of holding up adult novelty store
- Council approves additional funds for MAPS 3 sidewalks