OKC Zoo seal dies after dental procedure | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – The Oklahoma City Zoo reported some sad news Friday.
A 7-year-old harbor seal, called “Leo,” has died following a dental surgery.
The procedure was done to treat a severe tooth abscess.
Experts said harbor seals like Leo are at higher risk of complications under anesthesia. They are waiting for the results of tissue samples.
Leo came to the zoo in April 2007 when he was a 1-year-old pup.
The rescued seal was blind in both eyes.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Memorial runner runs to remember family member lost in bombing
- You won’t believe what a man was driving during a high speed chase
- Protesters gather for “victory” celebration after controversial politician a no-show at graduation
- OKC man dies after attack with baseball bat, alleged suspect claims self-defense
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”