OKC Zoo seal dies after dental procedure | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – The Oklahoma City Zoo reported some sad news Friday.
A 7-year-old harbor seal, called “Leo,” has died following a dental surgery.
The procedure was done to treat a severe tooth abscess.
Experts said harbor seals like Leo are at higher risk of complications under anesthesia. They are waiting for the results of tissue samples.
Leo came to the zoo in April 2007 when he was a 1-year-old pup.
The rescued seal was blind in both eyes.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Body discovered in north OKC, man likely died of exposure
- Will Rogers: Passengers dealing with some delays, cancellations are expected on Friday
- Get dogs in Christmas spirit Bark for Life photos with Frosty
- Police searching for armed suspect accused of holding up adult novelty store
- Council approves additional funds for MAPS 3 sidewalks