Food on stove to blame for OKC apartment fire | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Fire crews say food left on the stove is blame for an overnight apartment fire in southwest Oklahoma City.
It happened around 1 a.m. at the Seminole Ridge apartments near S.W. 74th St. and Santa Fe.
When firefighters arrived, there were flames inside one apartment.
They were able to contain the fire to the kitchen and quickly put it out.
Officials said residents were cooking something on the stove and then fell asleep.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy