Food on stove to blame for OKC apartment fire | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Fire crews say food left on the stove is blame for an overnight apartment fire in southwest Oklahoma City.
It happened around 1 a.m. at the Seminole Ridge apartments near S.W. 74th St. and Santa Fe.
When firefighters arrived, there were flames inside one apartment.
They were able to contain the fire to the kitchen and quickly put it out.
Officials said residents were cooking something on the stove and then fell asleep.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma City post office extend hours for last minute tax filing
- Authorities asking for help identifying suspect who allegedly robbed two convenience stores
- Battle lines drawn over smart meter safety
- Defense attorney still concerned with execution drugs
- Metro’s public transportation to receive makeover