Australian official coming to Duncan after baseball player’s murder | News
DUNCAN, Okla.- In the wake of the murder of Australian student Christopher Lane in Duncan, the city will receive a special visitor this week.
Chris Lane was shot and killed by three teenagers while he was jogging last month.
Those suspects were all arrested and claim boredom was the motive for the murder.
The baseball player was laid to rest in his hometown of Melbourne last week.
An official from the Australian Embassy in Washington is coming to Duncan.
Mauro Kolobaric will arrive in town Tuesday to speak to Duncan’s Rotary Club.
Some Australian officials have expressed anger toward the Sooner State and the U.S. over what happened to Lane.
Arnold Nelson, the president of the rotary club, says he hopes this will be an opportunity for the two countries to get to know each other and come to a better understanding.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy