Australian official coming to Duncan after baseball player’s murder | News
DUNCAN, Okla.- In the wake of the murder of Australian student Christopher Lane in Duncan, the city will receive a special visitor this week.
Chris Lane was shot and killed by three teenagers while he was jogging last month.
Those suspects were all arrested and claim boredom was the motive for the murder.
The baseball player was laid to rest in his hometown of Melbourne last week.
An official from the Australian Embassy in Washington is coming to Duncan.
Mauro Kolobaric will arrive in town Tuesday to speak to Duncan’s Rotary Club.
Some Australian officials have expressed anger toward the Sooner State and the U.S. over what happened to Lane.
Arnold Nelson, the president of the rotary club, says he hopes this will be an opportunity for the two countries to get to know each other and come to a better understanding.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- OKC school board drops plan to stop sixth graders from going to Classen SAS
- Gas shut off after leak evacuated businesses, closed streets near N.W. 10th St. and Robinson
- Woman arrested after allegedly singing loudly, attacking father
- Missing man found in cow pasture now in critical condition
- Best ways to protect your car from rust, paint damage caused by road salt