ACLU sues over 10 Commandments | News
OKLAHOMA CITY- A relatively new monument on the Oklahoma State Capitol grounds is now the center of a new legal battle.
The ACLU has filed a lawsuit on behalf of several Oklahomans, challenging the constitutionality of the Ten Commandments Monument.
Supporters of the monument have argued that it does not violate the separation of church and state because the Ten Commandments is a historical precursor to our legal system and government.
One of the plaintiffs suing to have it removed is an ordained Baptist Minister who says it is a slap in the face to Christians to call the monument historical rather than religious.
The ACLU says the monument must be taken down to ensure that Oklahoma welcomes people of all faiths.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game