Suspect crashes in ditch running from police | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – A routine traffic stop turned into a police pursuit in northeast Oklahoma City overnight.
An officer pulled over a driver near N.E. 23rd St. and Sooner Rd. at about 2 a.m.
Police called the K9 unit to check the car for drugs and alcohol.
The driver refused to get out of the car and sped off.
Authorities said the driver tried to make a turn at Bartell Rd. but lost control and crashed into a ditch.
The driver tried to run and police arrested him a short time later.
Officials have not released the suspect’s name or any information on the possible charges he could be facing.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy