Suspect crashes in ditch running from police | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – A routine traffic stop turned into a police pursuit in northeast Oklahoma City overnight.
An officer pulled over a driver near N.E. 23rd St. and Sooner Rd. at about 2 a.m.
Police called the K9 unit to check the car for drugs and alcohol.
The driver refused to get out of the car and sped off.
Authorities said the driver tried to make a turn at Bartell Rd. but lost control and crashed into a ditch.
The driver tried to run and police arrested him a short time later.
Officials have not released the suspect’s name or any information on the possible charges he could be facing.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- OKC school board drops plan to stop sixth graders from going to Classen SAS
- Gas shut off after leak evacuated businesses, closed streets near N.W. 10th St. and Robinson
- Woman arrested after allegedly singing loudly, attacking father
- Missing man found in cow pasture now in critical condition
- Best ways to protect your car from rust, paint damage caused by road salt