Police seek man wanted for questioning in sexual assault case | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Police are asking for the public’s help catching a suspected rapist.
Investigators released a sketch of the man they say committed the crime.
It happened in a neighborhood just off Czech Hall Rd. in far west Oklahoma City.
Two weeks ago, outside her own home, a woman was attacked and raped while taking out her trash.
“She said she was suddenly hit in the head with something,” OKC Police Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said. “She fell to the ground and when she came to, she was being assaulted by a male suspect.”
According to the police report, the attack ended only after the victim’s “son opened the side door of the house. The victim saw her son holding a pellet gun caused the suspect to bolt westbound.”
Police hope releasing a sketch of the suspect will take that accused sexual offender off the streets.
Anyone with information on the case can contact Crimestoppers at (405) 235-7300.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow