Man shot near N.E. 28th, says his car was taken | News
OKLAHOMA CITY — A vacant house on N.E. 28th Street had a lot of action Friday just before 1:00 p.m. There were a number of cars at the home and some kind of scuffle.
Lt. Paul Frederickson was on the scene. He says, “This afternoon our troops were called out on a man that had a gunshot wound. He said he was shot and someone took his car.”
Things are still not clear on what happened, but Frederickson said they know the victim left the house on foot.
“He walked down to the area of N.E. 23rd and Martin Luther King and was picked up by a citizen and then the officers were right there on the scene. He got worked by EMSA right there at 23rd and Martin Luther King,” Lt. Frederickson says.
Police are searching for a 1995 White Camaro and they are trying to piece together who could be the suspect. We’re told the victim was shot in the abdomen but Fredrickson said he will survive.
Frederickson says, “He’s expected to live. He’s got serious injuries and he’s being treated at the hospital, but he’s expected to live.”
No suspects are in custody. The victim’s name has not been released. Anyone with information about this incident is asked to cal the Oklahoma City Police Department.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- OKC school board drops plan to stop sixth graders from going to Classen SAS
- Gas shut off after leak evacuated businesses, closed streets near N.W. 10th St. and Robinson
- Woman arrested after allegedly singing loudly, attacking father
- Missing man found in cow pasture now in critical condition
- Best ways to protect your car from rust, paint damage caused by road salt