Man shot near N.E. 28th, says his car was taken | News
OKLAHOMA CITY — A vacant house on N.E. 28th Street had a lot of action Friday just before 1:00 p.m. There were a number of cars at the home and some kind of scuffle.
Lt. Paul Frederickson was on the scene. He says, “This afternoon our troops were called out on a man that had a gunshot wound. He said he was shot and someone took his car.”
Things are still not clear on what happened, but Frederickson said they know the victim left the house on foot.
“He walked down to the area of N.E. 23rd and Martin Luther King and was picked up by a citizen and then the officers were right there on the scene. He got worked by EMSA right there at 23rd and Martin Luther King,” Lt. Frederickson says.
Police are searching for a 1995 White Camaro and they are trying to piece together who could be the suspect. We’re told the victim was shot in the abdomen but Fredrickson said he will survive.
Frederickson says, “He’s expected to live. He’s got serious injuries and he’s being treated at the hospital, but he’s expected to live.”
No suspects are in custody. The victim’s name has not been released. Anyone with information about this incident is asked to cal the Oklahoma City Police Department.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy