American Indian Cultural Center: Will it, or should it be completed | News
OKLAHOMA CITY — Long time Oklahoma City leader Lee Allen Smith was our guest of this week’s Flash Point program. He discussed the American Indian Cultural Center and Museum. He spoke with Kevin Ogle, Kirk Humphreys and Mike Turpen about some of the misconceptions of the center.
Many think it’s being funded by the Indian tribes, but it’s actually a state funded project. It will feature all 39 tribes located in the State of Oklahoma.
The facility is halfway completed. $40 million have been raised and a group, that includes Mr. Smith, is trying to get the state legislators to agree to match another $40 million to complete the project.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses