American Indian Cultural Center: Will it, or should it be completed | News
OKLAHOMA CITY — Long time Oklahoma City leader Lee Allen Smith was our guest of this week’s Flash Point program. He discussed the American Indian Cultural Center and Museum. He spoke with Kevin Ogle, Kirk Humphreys and Mike Turpen about some of the misconceptions of the center.
Many think it’s being funded by the Indian tribes, but it’s actually a state funded project. It will feature all 39 tribes located in the State of Oklahoma.
The facility is halfway completed. $40 million have been raised and a group, that includes Mr. Smith, is trying to get the state legislators to agree to match another $40 million to complete the project.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- OKC school board drops plan to stop sixth graders from going to Classen SAS
- Gas shut off after leak evacuated businesses, closed streets near N.W. 10th St. and Robinson
- Woman arrested after allegedly singing loudly, attacking father
- Missing man found in cow pasture now in critical condition
- Best ways to protect your car from rust, paint damage caused by road salt