Judge awards millions in wrongful death suit | News
OKLAHOMA CITY– A North Dakota judge has awarded a massive settlement to the family of a Fargo dentist killed in a murder for hire plot.
The brother of Philip Gattuso filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Gene Kirkpatrick, from Oklahoma.
A judge awarded Gattuso’s family $9.6 million in the lawsuit.
Kirkpatrick is currently serving life in prison for hiring his handyman to kill Gattuso.
Authorities say Kirkpatrick was unhappy with the way his son-in-law was raising his granddaughter.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma City post office extend hours for last minute tax filing
- Authorities asking for help identifying suspect who allegedly robbed two convenience stores
- Battle lines drawn over smart meter safety
- Defense attorney still concerned with execution drugs
- Metro’s public transportation to receive makeover