Judge awards millions in wrongful death suit | News
OKLAHOMA CITY– A North Dakota judge has awarded a massive settlement to the family of a Fargo dentist killed in a murder for hire plot.
The brother of Philip Gattuso filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Gene Kirkpatrick, from Oklahoma.
A judge awarded Gattuso’s family $9.6 million in the lawsuit.
Kirkpatrick is currently serving life in prison for hiring his handyman to kill Gattuso.
Authorities say Kirkpatrick was unhappy with the way his son-in-law was raising his granddaughter.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Footprints in snow lead deputies to Oklahoma City Christmas capers, granola Grinches
- Police investigate Capitol Hill teacher accused of sexual misconduct, no arrests have been made
- Winter weather still affecting flights at Will Rogers World Airport; Runways open but check flights before going
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank