Smoking lounge closing at OKC’s airport | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – The last refuge for smokers at Will Rogers World Airport will be closing before the end of the year.
The Oklahoma City Airport Trust voted unanimously to shut down the smoking lounge at the airport Sept. 1.
Airport spokeswoman Karen Carney said the smoking lounge sparked complaints from travelers as well as airport workers.
After the lounge is closed, smokers at the airport will have to go outside.
Smoking at the airport is banned within 175 feet from building entrances.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy