Smoking lounge closing at OKC’s airport | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – The last refuge for smokers at Will Rogers World Airport will be closing before the end of the year.
The Oklahoma City Airport Trust voted unanimously to shut down the smoking lounge at the airport Sept. 1.
Airport spokeswoman Karen Carney said the smoking lounge sparked complaints from travelers as well as airport workers.
After the lounge is closed, smokers at the airport will have to go outside.
Smoking at the airport is banned within 175 feet from building entrances.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- OKC school board drops plan to stop sixth graders from going to Classen SAS
- Gas shut off after leak evacuated businesses, closed streets near N.W. 10th St. and Robinson
- Woman arrested after allegedly singing loudly, attacking father
- Missing man found in cow pasture now in critical condition
- Best ways to protect your car from rust, paint damage caused by road salt