Smoking lounge closing at OKC’s airport | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – The last refuge for smokers at Will Rogers World Airport will be closing before the end of the year.
The Oklahoma City Airport Trust voted unanimously to shut down the smoking lounge at the airport Sept. 1.
Airport spokeswoman Karen Carney said the smoking lounge sparked complaints from travelers as well as airport workers.
After the lounge is closed, smokers at the airport will have to go outside.
Smoking at the airport is banned within 175 feet from building entrances.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Memorial runner runs to remember family member lost in bombing
- You won’t believe what a man was driving during a high speed chase
- Protesters gather for “victory” celebration after controversial politician a no-show at graduation
- OKC man dies after attack with baseball bat, alleged suspect claims self-defense
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”