Candles flickered for 18-year-old August Reiger, missing in Ecuador | News
OKLAHOMA CITY — Candles flickered and tears flowed at a vigil for 18 year old August Reiger. The teen went missing during a family vacation in Baños, Ecuador. While the family searches foreign lands, classmates and teachers hope and pray for his safe return.
“There’s not much we can do, said Dixie Hyatt Hendrix Teacher and PTSA president. “We can’t go search for him but we can have vigils and send as much positive energy and love as we can towards him we want him to stay strong.
“He’s one of those students you know is smarter than you are,” said Brandon Risenhoover AP history teacher. “August’s brilliant mind and mastery of the Spanish language will help him work with his captures.”
President Obama has declared him a missing patriot and there is a cash reward for information leading to his whereabouts.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business