Spencer bridge to remain closed | News
SPENCER- Detour signs remain up in an area of Spencer hit hard by last month’s flooding. A portion of Spencer Road near N.E. 47th Street is breaking apart and needs to be repaired. The small bridge is over Silver Creek; which flooded last month.
“I would hate for the bridge to give out because somebody was a little impatient or didn’t want to be inconvenienced,” resident Harriett Gurley said.
The city wants to remodel the drainage crossing to prevent future flooding. The city manager said they want to widen the opening under the road so more water can pass through. The price tag of the project is $472,000, according to the city.
The city is in the process of finding the funds to pay for the project. It is unclear when the road will be fixed, but until then, it will remain closed.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Body discovered in north OKC, man likely died of exposure
- Will Rogers warns to check flights before heading to airport
- Get dogs in Christmas spirit Bark for Life photos with Frosty
- Police searching for armed suspect accused of holding up adult novelty store
- Council approves additional funds for MAPS 3 sidewalks