Lightning strike sparks fire at bank | News
OKLAHOMA CITY — Fire crews believe a lightning strike may be to blame for setting a bank sign on fire Wednesday night.
It happened at the First Enterprise Bank near NW 39th and Meridian.
The fire was contained to the outside of the structure.
However, there is some damage to the building as crews forced their way inside the bank to make sure the fire didn’t spread.
The bank was closed at the time of the fire.
No injuries have been reported.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses