Officers recovering after motel shootout | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Three police officers are recovering after being hit by shrapnel in a Monday night shootout.
Authorities said they went to the Executive Inn Hotel at S.E. 34th St. and I-35 just before 11 p.m. to question 24-year-old Keenan Leake.
Officers said Leake opened fire and officers fired back; no one was shot during the incident.
Three officers were taken to nearby hospitals after being hit by shrapnel or glass.
Police arrested Leake who they said is accused of killing two people after he fired into a crowd at the Pulse Event Center during a music event last December.
Leake was on the Sheriff’s most wanted list for two complaints of first-degree murder.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma City post offices extend hours for last minute tax filing
- Authorities asking for help identifying suspect who allegedly robbed two convenience stores
- Battle lines drawn over smart meter safety
- Defense attorney still concerned with execution drugs
- Metro’s public transportation to receive makeover