OKC Police: woman attacked inside home, fights back | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – A metro woman said she fought off an attacker who tried to sexually assault her.
Sandra Dalton, 65, told investigators a man forced his way through her front door and held her inside her home at knife-point.
“I took my dog, I opened the door, and I was standing there on the porch and the man he hit me like a football player,” Dalton said.
While Dalton was screaming for help a neighbor called police.
Oklahoma City Police officers arrived at the home on the 900 block of North Kentucky Ave. around 1 a.m. Friday.
According to police, the suspect barricaded the door shut.
“Our officers heard numerous times this woman was screaming for help trying to get out of there,” Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said.
Oklahoma City Police officers forced their way through the front door and arrested the suspect.
Dominique Polk, 39, was arrested and booked into jail.
He faces several charges including kidnapping and attempted rape.
“He ain’t going to do this to no one else,” Dalton said.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy