Bill to arm teachers revived in state house | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – It’s not dead yet. The plan to train teachers in public schools to carry firearms has been resurrected by house lawmakers.
Rep. Mark McCullough (R-Sapulpa) attached the proposal as an amendment to a separate bill.
McCullough wants teachers and other school employees to bring weapons into schools if they receive specialized training.
An earlier bill on the topic died in committee.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Multiple job fairs coming to Oklahoma City
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Man rushed to the ER after accidentally shooting self
- Oklahoma K9 finds 1.5 pounds of meth in traffic stop; married couple arrested
- Great State: The Duke’s Grandaughter and Joel McRea’s Grandson Glad to Share Memories at Cowboy Museum