Bill to arm teachers revived in state house | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – It’s not dead yet. The plan to train teachers in public schools to carry firearms has been resurrected by house lawmakers.
Rep. Mark McCullough (R-Sapulpa) attached the proposal as an amendment to a separate bill.
McCullough wants teachers and other school employees to bring weapons into schools if they receive specialized training.
An earlier bill on the topic died in committee.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy