Driver runs over himself | News
OKLAHOMA CITY — An Oklahoma City driver ran over himself with his own car.
About 2 a.m. police responded to an emergency call to 4000 Cooper Avenue, near NW 36th and Santa Fe.
The caller reported to 911 dispatchers that a man had been hit by a car.
When police got there they found the man trapped underneath his own car.
Authorities say the man told them he was late on his car payments, and the dealership shut down his vehicle.
The man said he was underneath the car trying to get it started.
He thought the car was in neutral, but he told police the vehicle lurched forward when he succeeded in starting the car.
The man was pinned underneath his car.
Police used a forklift to lift the car off the man so he could be pulled out.
The victim refused medical treatment.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma City post office extend hours for last minute tax filing
- Authorities asking for help identifying suspect who allegedly robbed two convenience stores
- Battle lines drawn over smart meter safety
- Defense attorney still concerned with execution drugs
- Metro’s public transportation to receive makeover