What’s Right with Our Schools: Student creates anti-bully app | News
NICHOLS HILLS, Okla. – One Oklahoma student is working to make our classrooms a bit safer.
A fifth grader at Nichols Hills Elementary was so concerned about the tragic shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, she decided to take action.
Genisis Franks is now on a mission to end school bullying.
She has created an anti-bullying app and won the science fair with her idea.
Sponsor Randall Reed Ford recognized Franks for her efforts.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Medical Examiner confirms now 8 weather-related deaths in Oklahoma
- Kids out of school again? Check out OKC Zoo’s indoor safari today
- Footprints in snow lead deputies to Oklahoma City Christmas capers, granola Grinches
- Police investigate Capitol Hill teacher accused of sexual misconduct, no arrests have been made
- Winter weather still affecting flights at Will Rogers World Airport; Runways open but check flights before going