OKC council reps sworn in | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Four Oklahoma City council representatives were sworn in Tuesday morning.
Ward 3 councilman Larry McAtee and Ward 4 councilman Pete White were re-elected after running unopposed in the primary election held in March.
Two new council members are on board as well.
In Ward 1, James Greiner unseated longtime incumbent Gary Marrs with just over 55 percent of the vote.
Greiner works in Hobby Lobby’s graphic department.
In Ward 7, 30-year old John Pettis, Jr. unseated incumbent Ronald “Skip” Kelly.
In campaign literature, Kelly claimed Pettis was unemployed.
Pettis said he is the director for the “Oklahoma Institute for Minority Affairs” which he describes as a small non-profit organization.
He did not say what salary, if any, he draws from this.
Pettis and all other council members will earn an annual salary of $12,000 a year.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy