Bill to arm teachers shot down at Capitol | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – A bill that would allow teachers to arm themselves has been shot down at the Capitol.
The chairman of the Senate Education Committee said he doesn’t plan to grant a hearing on the measure.
This is the least week for bill to get a hearing.
House Bill 1062 would have allowed teachers to carry a weapon if they were trained and their district allowed it.
The bill passed the house but doesn’t appear to have a future in the senate.
It could be reassigned to another committee but that isn’t expected to happen.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Parents calling for more security after teen says she was jumped following school basketball game
- Police car crashes while following suspect through OKC, one in custody
- Crying fowl: City hears critics of backyard chicken plan
- Reward offered for ‘Back Fence Bandit’
- Oklahoma City FBI division donates bags of coats to Brad Edwards Warmth 4 Winter program