Bill to arm teachers shot down at Capitol | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – A bill that would allow teachers to arm themselves has been shot down at the Capitol.
The chairman of the Senate Education Committee said he doesn’t plan to grant a hearing on the measure.
This is the least week for bill to get a hearing.
House Bill 1062 would have allowed teachers to carry a weapon if they were trained and their district allowed it.
The bill passed the house but doesn’t appear to have a future in the senate.
It could be reassigned to another committee but that isn’t expected to happen.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon
- UPDATE: Crews open I-240 eastbound at I-35
- Couple continues to bond preparing for OKC Memorial Marathon
- 11 questions Oklahoma officers may soon use to save a woman’s life
- Meet your local soccer team, Energy gearing up for first home game