Bill to arm teachers shot down at Capitol | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – A bill that would allow teachers to arm themselves has been shot down at the Capitol.
The chairman of the Senate Education Committee said he doesn’t plan to grant a hearing on the measure.
This is the least week for bill to get a hearing.
House Bill 1062 would have allowed teachers to carry a weapon if they were trained and their district allowed it.
The bill passed the house but doesn’t appear to have a future in the senate.
It could be reassigned to another committee but that isn’t expected to happen.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NEW: One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Man rushed to the ER after accidentally shooting self
- Oklahoma K9 finds 1.5 pounds of meth in traffic stop; married couple arrested
- Great State: The Duke’s Grandaughter and Joel McRea’s Grandson Glad to Share Memories at Cowboy Museum
- When and where you can see Thunder take on Grizzlies in playoffs