Bill to arm teachers shot down at Capitol | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – A bill that would allow teachers to arm themselves has been shot down at the Capitol.
The chairman of the Senate Education Committee said he doesn’t plan to grant a hearing on the measure.
This is the least week for bill to get a hearing.
House Bill 1062 would have allowed teachers to carry a weapon if they were trained and their district allowed it.
The bill passed the house but doesn’t appear to have a future in the senate.
It could be reassigned to another committee but that isn’t expected to happen.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business