GRAPHIC: Man arrested for abusing 6-year-old girl | News
WARNING: This story contains content that might be considered graphic to some audiences.
OKLAHOMA CITY – Residents in the historic Mesta Park neighborhood just north of downtown were alarmed to learn about the charges against resident 34-year-old Terrence Smith.
For the past year, the Oklahoma City Sex Crimes Unit has been working in conjunction with South Dakota detectives investigating allegations against Smith.
He’s accused of sexually abusing a young girl who was visiting his home.
Court documents state the molestation started when she was just six years old, “..he began by looking at her body and touching her private parts…”
During that two-week visit, investigators said he also made the girl perform oral sex on him.
But as she got older, police said, the sexual abuse also escalated, “when she turned eight years old he allegedly began penetrating her.”
We stopped by Smith’s listed address to get his response to the four counts of felony sexual abuse he’s facing; no one came to the door.
He was issued a $40,000 bond but it appears that was dropped to $10,000.
Smith is now out of jail.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UPDATE: No one injured in car vs. fire hydrant accident in southeast Oklahoma City
- Woman warns others after burglars steal gifts outside local steakhouse
- OKC father killed in crash, 5-year-old son uninjured; police arrest driver for DUI
- Medical Examiner confirms now 8 weather-related deaths in Oklahoma
- Kids out of school again? Check out OKC Zoo’s indoor safari today