UPDATE: Powder in package at U.S. attorney’s office not anthrax | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Officials have confirmed the suspicious package found with a white powdery substance at the U.S. Attorney’s Office downtown did not contain anthrax.
Thursday afternoon Hazardous materials, the FBI and the Secret Service investigated the reported threat in the Oklahoma Tower near Main St. and Hudson.
They asked workers to stay in their offices during the investigation.
Authorities are now working to confirm who sent the package.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- OKC school board drops plan to stop sixth graders from going to Classen SAS
- Gas shut off after leak evacuated businesses, closed streets near N.W. 10th St. and Robinson
- Woman arrested after allegedly singing loudly, attacking father
- Missing man found in cow pasture now in critical condition
- Best ways to protect your car from rust, paint damage caused by road salt