UPDATE: Powder in package at U.S. attorney’s office not anthrax | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Officials have confirmed the suspicious package found with a white powdery substance at the U.S. Attorney’s Office downtown did not contain anthrax.
Thursday afternoon Hazardous materials, the FBI and the Secret Service investigated the reported threat in the Oklahoma Tower near Main St. and Hudson.
They asked workers to stay in their offices during the investigation.
Authorities are now working to confirm who sent the package.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses