Investigation opened on Chesapeake, McClendon | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—A federal agency has stepped up its investigation into the financial dealings of outgoing Chesapeake Energy CEO Aubrey McClendon.
The company disclosed that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is looking into a controversial perk that granted McClendon a share in each of Chesapeake’s energy wells.
We’re told that an informal inquiry was launched back in May of 2012 and that the company and McClendon are cooperating.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Experts warn drivers about rust, paint damage caused by road salt
- Volunteers preparing for Red Andrews Christmas Dinner, in need of donations
- UPDATE: No one injured in car vs. fire hydrant accident in southeast Oklahoma City
- Woman warns others after burglars steal gifts outside local steakhouse
- OKC father killed in crash, 5-year-old son uninjured; police arrest driver for DUI