Investigation opened on Chesapeake, McClendon | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—A federal agency has stepped up its investigation into the financial dealings of outgoing Chesapeake Energy CEO Aubrey McClendon.
The company disclosed that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is looking into a controversial perk that granted McClendon a share in each of Chesapeake’s energy wells.
We’re told that an informal inquiry was launched back in May of 2012 and that the company and McClendon are cooperating.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NEW: Two in custody after high speed chase with RV
- Protesters gather for “victory” celebration after controversial politician a no-show at graduation
- OKC man dies after attack with baseball bat, alleged suspect claims self-defense
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”
- Run to Remember, marathon runners remember why OKC runs