Investigation opened on Chesapeake, McClendon | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—A federal agency has stepped up its investigation into the financial dealings of outgoing Chesapeake Energy CEO Aubrey McClendon.
The company disclosed that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is looking into a controversial perk that granted McClendon a share in each of Chesapeake’s energy wells.
We’re told that an informal inquiry was launched back in May of 2012 and that the company and McClendon are cooperating.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy