Green eggs and ham served to promote reading | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—OU’s Children’s Hospital decided to serve green eggs and ham as part of Dr. Seuss’ birthday celebration.
It was all part of the “Reach Out and Read” event.
Organizers say the agency made sure Dr. Seuss books got in the hands of parents with the goal of enriching the lives of very young children.
Also, experts say kids who read books, like Dr. Seuss, regularly with their parents have a six month gain on their language skills compared to children who are not exposed to reading.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy