Council approves Von Maur’s move to OKC | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—Shoppers may have been caught off guard when the Sears at Quail Springs Mall decided to close its doors, but it won’t be long before a new store takes its place.
The Oklahoma City Council approved $2 million in tax breaks for the Von Maur department store.
The council estimated that Von Maur’s upscale items would generate nearly $40 million in sales annually within a ten-year period.
The company has been around since the late 1800’s and provides an upscale shopping experience for customers.
Organizers say Von Maur is known for its antique furnishings, an in-store pianist, free gift wrapping and specialty brands.
Some of those brands include Coach, Kate Spade, Eileen Fisher and Tommy Bahama.
There are 27 Von Maur stores scattered across 11 states in the Midwest.
The grand opening date of the new Von Maur store in Quail Springs Mall is scheduled for Dec. 31, 2014.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business