Chimney fire leaves family out in the cold | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—Firefighters say three residents who were trying to keep warm may have caused a house fire early Tuesday morning.
When crews arrived to a home in the 2700 block of N.W. 112th St., they saw thick smoke coming from the home with flames shooting out of the chimney.
According to authorities, three people were home at the time of the fire and may have been trying to stay warm.
Major Don Thomason, Oklahoma City Fire Department, said, “They just might wanna be sure that when you do have a fire in the fireplace, it’s not an outdoor campfire. It doesn’t need to be four feet tall, two or three logs is good enough to show you some heat and enjoy the color of the flames.”
Fortunately, no injuries were reported from the blaze.
Firefighters say chimney fires are extremely common this time of year.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Body discovered in north OKC, man likely died of exposure
- Will Rogers: Passengers dealing with some delays, cancellations are expected on Friday
- Get dogs in Christmas spirit Bark for Life photos with Frosty
- Police searching for armed suspect accused of holding up adult novelty store
- Council approves additional funds for MAPS 3 sidewalks