Medical helicopter crash in OKC kills two, injures one | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – A medial helicopter owned by the air ambulance company Eagle Med crashed in a nursing home parking lot killing two and critically injuring another Friday morning.
Officials said the helicopter crashed in the St. Ann nursing home parking lot near Britton Rd. and Rockwell Ave.
No patients were on board, according to OKC Fire’s Marc Woodard.
One person assisting on the ground near the scene suffered injuries as well.
Witnesses said that bystander may have saved the survivor’s life as the chopper exploded into a ball of fire after the rescuer pulled the victim to safety.
According to authorities, the fatality victims are the pilot and the nurse on-board; the medic survived.
Woodard said the helicopter had just left Baptist hospital and was en route to Watonga.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Experts warn drivers about rust, paint damage caused by road salt
- Volunteers preparing for Red Andrews Christmas Dinner, in need of donations
- UPDATE: No one injured in car vs. fire hydrant accident in southeast Oklahoma City
- Woman warns others after burglars steal gifts outside local steakhouse
- OKC father killed in crash, 5-year-old son uninjured; police arrest driver for DUI