Frontier City hosts open auditions for performers | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—A local amusement park is seeking workers of all types for the summer season.
Organizers at Frontier City say they are looking for musicians, dancers, singers, actors, drummers, stunt persons and technicians for a variety of live shows.
Auditions will be held on Saturday, Feb. 16 inside the Frontier City Opera House, beginning at 9 a.m.
Officials say it is a great opportunity for young talent to get experience on stage while making money.
David Thomas, owner of Shows In A Box, said, “Theme parks are a great place for young talent to hone their craft. A performer will get more stage time in one summer than they will in years of auditioning for other productions.”
All persons who are auditioning should be at least 16-years-old and provide a head shot photograph and resume.
Dancers will be required to learn a short dance combination and singers will be asked to sing two songs.
Participants can either bring an accompaniment CD without vocals or sing a cappella.
Actors and stunt personnel will be asked to dry read from a script and should be dressed for a movement scene.
Drummers will be asked to play 12 measures “freestyle” on Stomp Style buckets and stage props.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy