Tulsa police investigate inmate’s death | News
TULSA,Okla.—Authorities are investigating the death of a woman who was being held at the county jail in Tulsa.
In a written statement, the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office said a detention officer noticed 52-year-old Gwendolyn Young was in distress in a cell.
He called 911 and she was rushed to the hospital.
We’re told she later died.
Young was found guilty of threatening a public official last October.
Her cause of death will be determined by the state medical examiner’s office.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Multiple job fairs coming to Oklahoma City
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Man rushed to the ER after accidentally shooting self
- Oklahoma K9 finds 1.5 pounds of meth in traffic stop; married couple arrested
- Great State: The Duke’s Grandaughter and Joel McRea’s Grandson Glad to Share Memories at Cowboy Museum