Tulsa police investigate inmate’s death | News
TULSA,Okla.—Authorities are investigating the death of a woman who was being held at the county jail in Tulsa.
In a written statement, the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office said a detention officer noticed 52-year-old Gwendolyn Young was in distress in a cell.
He called 911 and she was rushed to the hospital.
We’re told she later died.
Young was found guilty of threatening a public official last October.
Her cause of death will be determined by the state medical examiner’s office.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Medical Examiner confirms now 8 weather-related deaths in Oklahoma
- Kids out of school again? Check out OKC Zoo’s indoor safari today
- Footprints in snow lead deputies to Oklahoma City Christmas capers, granola Grinches
- Police investigate Capitol Hill teacher accused of sexual misconduct, no arrests have been made
- Winter weather still affecting flights at Will Rogers World Airport; Runways open but check flights before going