Tulsa police investigate inmate’s death | News
TULSA,Okla.—Authorities are investigating the death of a woman who was being held at the county jail in Tulsa.
In a written statement, the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office said a detention officer noticed 52-year-old Gwendolyn Young was in distress in a cell.
He called 911 and she was rushed to the hospital.
We’re told she later died.
Young was found guilty of threatening a public official last October.
Her cause of death will be determined by the state medical examiner’s office.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy