Crews said cigarette may have sparked OKC house fire | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Oklahoma City fire crews raced to the area of S. Penn. Ave. and I-240 after reports of a house fire just before 3:30 a.m. Friday.
When crews arrived near S.W. 76th St. and Charlotte, smoke and flames were coming out of the second floor of that home.
Once crews went inside they found that the home was empty and were able to get the fire under control pretty quickly.
Fire officials said the house was vacant and has a realtor’s lock on the front door.
They believe someone forced their way inside through the back door and that the fire may have been caused by a lit cigarette that was dropped on the floor.
Arson investigators are on scene.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business