Okla. man faces charges for school threats | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—An Oklahoma man is facing charges related to threats made against schools in Wyoming.
Authorities arrested 34-year-old Glenn Allen Kirkham after receiving numerous reports about a posting on an internet-based bulletin board.
That posting claimed there would be violence similar to the massacre in Newtown at schools in Wyoming.
In response to those threats, officials placed several dozen public schools on lock down.
If convicted of the crime, Kirkham faces up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine, plus mandatory restitution.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Multiple job fairs coming to Oklahoma City
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Man rushed to the ER after accidentally shooting self
- Oklahoma K9 finds 1.5 pounds of meth in traffic stop; married couple arrested
- Great State: The Duke’s Grandaughter and Joel McRea’s Grandson Glad to Share Memories at Cowboy Museum