Woman fears for her family’s safety | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Marcy Carroll said she feels her family is in danger at her current apartment complex but management isn’t listening.
She her husband and two kids live at the Monterra apartments in the 500 block of N. Council Rd.
Carroll said what she believes are bullet holes showed up Saturday night in her car windshield.
“I have two kids,” she said. “I can’t live like this.”
She also said that they’ve had a sewage back-up problem outside there house as well.
“We have complained to the landlord about the sewage,” she said. “As you can see there is sewage all over the place. She’s like, ‘we’ll get to it when we get to it.’”
But there’s more, Carroll said windows have never been fixed.
“See where the window’s taped up here?”
All this going on across from Council Grove Elementary School.
“This is a nice place and then this place, this dump, hurts the school.”
We talked to a manager of the Monterra apartments.
She didn’t want to go on camera but told us the sewage back up was due to Carroll’s kids putting things down the toilet and told us she does not believe this is a dangerous apartment complex.
Carroll said she can’t wait to get out.
“I’m scared every day when I take them to the bus stop and they’re going to get shot or something,” Carroll said.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business