PETA protests goose abuse in OKC | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – PETA was protesting Friday in downtown Oklahoma City, not fur but feathers.
“Geese often have their feathers ripped out while they’re still conscious and can feel pain and sometimes even leaving open wounds that are sewn up without pain killers,” PETA organizer Katie Arth said.
To make their point about goose abuse, a PETA protestor in a goose suit was one of the protestors.
PETA said a more humane choice to goose down for comforters or other stuffed items is to buy products with synthetic stuffing.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma City post office extend hours for last minute tax filing
- Authorities asking for help identifying suspect who allegedly robbed two convenience stores
- Battle lines drawn over smart meter safety
- Defense attorney still concerned with execution drugs
- Metro’s public transportation to receive makeover