PETA protests goose abuse in OKC | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – PETA was protesting Friday in downtown Oklahoma City, not fur but feathers.
“Geese often have their feathers ripped out while they’re still conscious and can feel pain and sometimes even leaving open wounds that are sewn up without pain killers,” PETA organizer Katie Arth said.
To make their point about goose abuse, a PETA protestor in a goose suit was one of the protestors.
PETA said a more humane choice to goose down for comforters or other stuffed items is to buy products with synthetic stuffing.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon
- UPDATE: Crews open I-240 eastbound at I-35
- Couple continues to bond preparing for OKC Memorial Marathon
- 11 questions Oklahoma officers may soon use to save a woman’s life
- Meet your local soccer team, Energy gearing up for first home game