PETA protests goose abuse in OKC | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – PETA was protesting Friday in downtown Oklahoma City, not fur but feathers.
“Geese often have their feathers ripped out while they’re still conscious and can feel pain and sometimes even leaving open wounds that are sewn up without pain killers,” PETA organizer Katie Arth said.
To make their point about goose abuse, a PETA protestor in a goose suit was one of the protestors.
PETA said a more humane choice to goose down for comforters or other stuffed items is to buy products with synthetic stuffing.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UPDATE: Protesters stage mock oil spill outside Devon Tower, chain selves to revolving doors
- New bill would prevent teens from accessing e-cigarettes
- City crews overwhelmed while on pothole patrol
- Firefighters fill truck with Christmas gifts for kids in DHS custody
- Alleged smash and grab burglar causes more damage to business than just stolen items