PETA protests goose abuse in OKC | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – PETA was protesting Friday in downtown Oklahoma City, not fur but feathers.
“Geese often have their feathers ripped out while they’re still conscious and can feel pain and sometimes even leaving open wounds that are sewn up without pain killers,” PETA organizer Katie Arth said.
To make their point about goose abuse, a PETA protestor in a goose suit was one of the protestors.
PETA said a more humane choice to goose down for comforters or other stuffed items is to buy products with synthetic stuffing.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business