Latest Okla. lottery millionaire speaks on lady luck | News
OKLAHOMA CITY –Doyle Henson lives in a log cabin outside of Choctaw, a home he built himself.
It’s his “American Dream,” and it will stay that way, even though he just won $2 million playing the Oklahoma lottery.
Well, more like $1.5 million after taxes.
“My birthday was the next day so I just well, I bought the tickets for my own birthday present,” said Doyle.
Doyle bought five tickets to be exact, all of them Powerball, and all of them Power Play. He won $2 million in the drawing on Jan. 16.
He said, “I didn’t really say anything. It was just, it was a real fluke-ish deal. I had just decided to buy five lottery tickets just, well, just because.”
Doyle purchased the tickets at the On Cue store on N.W. 23rd St.
He came back a few days later and won another $12.
He says, however, that he only plays the lottery on and off.
“‘When I get good luck is when I win the big lottery, the 110 Million or whatever. That’s the good luck. This is, this is, well okay this is good luck, it is. It just, you know, it’s luck or whatever. It’s odds. If you buy one ticket you may win, if you buy two, it’s just if it’s time, it’s time,” said Doyle.
He says his windfall money will mostly just provide him with security.
He says he’ll be able to take better care of his family.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Memorial runner runs to remember family member lost in bombing
- You won’t believe what a man was driving during a high speed chase
- Protesters gather for “victory” celebration after controversial politician a no-show at graduation
- OKC man dies after attack with baseball bat, alleged suspect claims self-defense
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”