Hearing rescheduled in Saunders murder case | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—Two men who are accused of dismembering and killing a 19-year-old will wait a little longer to face a judge for a preliminary hearing.
Jimmy Massey Jr., 34, and Luis Ruiz, 38, are both charged with first-degree murder in the death of Carina Saunders.
Her body was found in October of 2011 in a duffle bag behind a grocery store in Bethany.
Massey and Ruiz were charged with the crime in July.
According to the probable cause affidavit, Massey wrote letters to another inmate with details about the crime.
Police say another woman was with Saunders when she was tortured to death at a home on S. Harvey.
Authorities believe Saunders’ killing was connected to a drug ring, human trafficking and prostitution.
The pair was scheduled to face a judge during a preliminary hearing Wednesday morning.
However, the hearing has been delayed until mid-April.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Experts warn drivers about rust, paint damage caused by road salt
- Volunteers preparing for Red Andrews Christmas Dinner, in need of donations
- UPDATE: No one injured in car vs. fire hydrant accident in southeast Oklahoma City
- Woman warns others after burglars steal gifts outside local steakhouse
- OKC father killed in crash, 5-year-old son uninjured; police arrest driver for DUI