OKC neighborhood clear after bomb threats | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Authorities have given the “all clear” after investigating possible bomb threats in a southwest Oklahoma City neighborhood Tuesday afternoon.
The bomb squad evacuated a few southwest Oklahoma City homes to check out possible explosives at a house in the area.
Officials said they have reason to believe more explosives could be at a home they investigated last Nov. near S.W. 79th St. and May Ave.
Streets were blocked off in the area but are back open.
As of Tuesday afternoon, the bomb squad had not found any dangerous materials.
Police Capt. Nelson said they arrested a man at this home last year.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses