OKC neighborhood clear after bomb threats | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Authorities have given the “all clear” after investigating possible bomb threats in a southwest Oklahoma City neighborhood Tuesday afternoon.
The bomb squad evacuated a few southwest Oklahoma City homes to check out possible explosives at a house in the area.
Officials said they have reason to believe more explosives could be at a home they investigated last Nov. near S.W. 79th St. and May Ave.
Streets were blocked off in the area but are back open.
As of Tuesday afternoon, the bomb squad had not found any dangerous materials.
Police Capt. Nelson said they arrested a man at this home last year.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Council approves additional funds for MAPS 3 sidewalks
- State representative introducing “Merry Christmas” legislation
- Malls increase security to make sure shoppers are safe
- One victim treated, one in custody after stabbing at Penn Square Mall
- Salvation Army gets mysterious and generous gold coin donation