Governor wants solution for crumbling Capitol | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Gov. Mary Fallin and other state leaders lead a tour of the State Capitol Thursday.
You’ll remember parts of the south entrance of the building started to crumble last year.
A proposed $200 million bond issue to pay for building repairs was shot down in the house last year.
Gov. Fallin is encouraging lawmakers to come together to find a solution for repairs during this year’s legislative session.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- New bill would prevent teens from accessing e-cigarettes
- City crews overwhelmed while on pothole patrol
- Firefighters fill truck with Christmas gifts for kids in DHS custody
- Alleged smash and grab burglar causes more damage to business than just stolen items
- OKC school board drops plan to stop sixth graders from going to Classen SAS