Woman injured, home destroyed in SW OKC explosion | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – One woman has minor injuries after her home exploded in southwest Oklahoma City Thursday afternoon.
Currently, authorities tell us a gas leak may be the cause for the home explosion.
Fire crews have controlled the fire that destroyed her house on the 2400 block of S.W. 92nd St.
Fire crews said the woman was in the kitchen baking cookies when the explosion happened.
An Oklahoma Natural Gas employee somehow managed to rescue her from the home.
At least three other homes on the street were significantly damaged.
Residents said there was a heavy smell of gas in the air and ONG was called out.
Sometime after that the home exploded.
Officials were evacuating residents in the area because of the gas leak.
We are told the leak has since been controlled.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UPDATE: Former State Rep. convicted of bribery, Randy Terrill, sentenced to year in jail, $5K fine
- Woman looking for missing pup after thieves steal truck with dog inside
- INCREDIBLE VIDEO: Hero with hammer saves woman from burning vehicle
- UPDATE: No one injured in blaze at northeast Oklahoma City home, no word on cause
- Angel Tree makes it a Merry Christmas for hundreds of Oklahoma families