Fire consumes former high school, crews investigating | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—Fire investigators have their hands full after a large fire broke out inside the old John Marshall High School Saturday night.
Firefighters battled the blaze on the second story of the building.
Two classrooms were engulfed in flames and crews immediately began looking for people known to live in the abandoned building during the winter months.
Batt. Chief Steve Lumry, Oklahoma City Fire Department, said, “There was a report of transients staying in the building so our initial thought will lead us to look and see if they were trying to stay warm. Since it involved two classrooms, we’re going to have to look a little bit closer.”
Fortunately, there were no injuries reported in the fire.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Winter weather still affecting flights at Will Rogers World Airport; Runways open but check flights before going
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures