Rookie’s new owner talks on surgery, recovery | News
We have new information about an animal cruelty case that has struck a chord of sympathy with people across the state.
Last week this German Shepherd named “Rookie” was tossed from a bridge at southeast 59th Street onto I-40.
The person who did it hasn’t been caught.
Rookie’s injuries were so bad surgery had to be delayed.
We are happy to report Rookie underwent surgery Tuesday afternoon.
Veterinarians at OSU are performing the procedures and the Humane Society is covering the costs.
OHP trooper Jennifer Fisher is the one who found Rookie after the accident.
She talked with us about her plans to adopt him after surgery.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy